Reliable Business Succession and Estate Planning Attorneys
MAXIMIZE THE POTENTIAL OF YOUR LEGACY WITH OUR TOP-NOTCH SERVICES
Tomorrow is coming whether you plan for it or not. Why not be prepared?
For nearly a century, the attorneys at Hage & Hage LLC have been helping individuals and companies with their long-range planning. We bring a wealth of knowledge, a holistic approach and laser-focused attention to every client.
BUSINESS SUCCESSION PLANNING
Business succession planning is an important part of operating a business, especially for small-business owners and owners who are nearing retirement. By making business succession arrangements early, owners help make a smooth transition and minimize any negative effects of their departure on the company. Whether you’re passing your business to new leadership or taking the helm of an established enterprise, we facilitate business transitions so that the change helps accomplish your objectives.
We work with small to medium sized businesses to ensure that assets wind up where you want them while pursuit of business goals continues uninhibited. We provide essential information about various considerations, including:
- Advantages and disadvantages of different entity structures
- Property valuation
- Purchase-sale agreements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Effective transfers of property
- Debt or equity interests
- Funding the exit of the founder
- Changes in labor involvement
- Transfers in operational responsibilities
- Tax planning
- Formalized governance structures such as a family council
Hage & Hage LLC assists clients in organizing trouble-free succession and protecting assets through careful estate planning to provide for the orderly transfer of wealth to younger family members; to avoid unnecessary transfer taxes, including gift taxes, estate taxes and generation-skipping taxes; to reduce income taxes; and to minimize administration expense.
A number of techniques are available to accomplish these goals. Our attorneys and consultants work with you to create a comprehensive estate plan that incorporates your lifetime objectives and provides direction about the disposition of your assets before and after death.
We advise on the impact of state and federal laws and the complex legal means necessary to maintain the security of your well-made plans, including:
- Wills to determine the distribution of your estate
- Trusts to moderate and control the distribution of your estate
- Powers of attorney to designate your authority
- Healthcare directives to plan for difficult decisions
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) to protect your income and assets for the future
- Legal documents that identify your intentions for medical care or for your estate
Hage & Hage LLC can help you design plans that address your future security and help you explore all of your alternatives so that you make the best decisions for you, your family, and your business.
Change is a powerful tool. Let’s leverage it together.
Don’t leave tomorrow off today’s to-do list. Contact Hage & Hage LLC online or at 315.327.2942 for dedicated and reliable business succession and estate planning attorneys.